Cat that ingested antifreeze saved by the elixir of life: Vodka

Cat that ingested antifreeze saved by the elixir of life: Vodka

TwitterFacebook

Vodka is the last drink you’d expect to save lives.

Yet it was the antidote which helped a cat from Queensland, Australia, escape death after it was believed to have ingested a toxic antifreeze, possibly from a bait.

Tipsy, as the feline is now known, was found next to a tyre store on the weekend and rushed to RSPCA Queensland’s animal hospital where it was believed to have less than an hour to live, according to ABC News.

“It just so happened that one of our nurses had a bottle of vodka laying around, so we were able to administer it just in time to save his life,” Sarah Kanther, a RSPCA vet, told the news outlet. Read more…

More about Australia, Animals, Cats, Culture, and Cat

from Joe G’s RSS Feed http://ift.tt/2u4F5Sz
via IFTTT

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s